i hate it when u stop being friends w someone or u break up w someone cos uve got all this information about them like at the back of ur mind like their birthday or their favorite game or whatever, and even years later things will come up and you’ll think about that person and its like. oh. and it never really Stops
Enjolras has walked into the shower while still holding a coffee cup at least once
Hey- my friend from high school is going through transition right now and she needs money for transition counseling and facial hair removal, and if anyone can give any amount of money at all, or at the very least reblog this post so others can see it, that would be wonderful and much appreciated!
Here is her gofundme account:
Thank you so much!
The thing is: when someone calls you too skinny, that hurts. It’s inappropriate, hurtful, and makes you self conscious. But at the end of the day, you pick up a magazine, you turn on the TV, you go on the internet on a gossip site - what do you see? Women who look like you. Women who have a body that recalls yours, women who are considered the standards of beauty to which all must follow to be considered beautiful. You go to a store, and odds are you can find clothes that are in your size. Odds are you don’t have go to stores dedicated to people your size, clothes that might not be as cute and are definitively more expensive.
When you’re fat, not only does it hurt, but society just confirms it day after day. You flip on TV, you read a magazine, and there are no women in your size. Nobody with a body like yours, nobody modeling clothes or being called gorgeous. You go to a store, and you can’t find clothes that fit you - and even if you do find things in larger sizes, they still don’t LOOK right, don’t fit right, cause they were designed for thinner girls in mind, and making these clothes in larger sizes doesn’t mean it’s going to look good on your body. You’re told you’re ugly by a piece of shit and basically the world you live in says back, well, yeah, that’s true.
That’s the difference. No, people making comments about your body are ALWAYS unwelcome and gross, but a thin person and fat person still live in the same society that caters and upholds thinness as a standard of beauty. That doesn’t change, and that’s why it’s not the same."
Captain Double Double!
this just showed up on my dash and I just had to #Canadian
Stop the selfie hate.
Albert Einstein teaching a physics class at Lincoln university (HCBU in Pennsylvania) in 1946
Sure as hell never mention that about him.
1. what color are your character’s underpants? if your character doesn’t wear underpants, when and why did they turn away from the light of the lord?
2. how does your character’s “that one uncle” feel about the federal reserve?
3. as your character, write a myspace blog entry from 2006
4. what kind of fucked up old person medicine did your character’s grandma always give them instead of candy?
5. is your character a cat person or a dog person or just a regular normal human person?
6. how does your character react to farts? from friends? from strangers? from their own butts?
7. how would your character react if, while they were going through some old photos in a beautiful album in the attic, they found a picture of somebody in a medieval plague doctor mask with a HUMONGOUS boner? somebody with the same belly button tattoo as their dad???
8. celeb crush!!! (1499-1999 celebs only)
9. using the formula 1ST PET’S NAME+3RD STREET LIVED ON+FAVORITE MEAT, what is your character’s soap opera name and favorite meat?
10. freewrite: 500 words on the confrontation between your character and the lady at red lobster who questioned their right to jam 8 cheddar bay biscuits in their pockets for later
We thought this was going to be a humorous reflection of gender expectations. Instead he had us shedding a tear (or three).
"oh my god stop criticizing young girls who like 50 Shades of Gray or Twilight you can’t tell them what they can and can’t read"
no we can’t but we have to protect young girls from mistaking abusive behavior for genuine affection at all costs